Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Waiting on Wednesday [37]

Hosted by Breaking the Spine


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20662728-clariel  Clariel (Abhorsen, #4)
Clariel
(Abhorsen #3)
by Garth Nix
Expected Publication: 14th October 2014


From Goodreads:

Sixteen-year-old Clariel is not adjusting well to her new life in the city of Belisaere, the capital of the Old Kingdom. She misses roaming freely within the forests of Estwael, and she feels trapped within the stone city walls. And in Belisaere she is forced to follow the plans, plots and demands of everyone, from her parents to her maid, to the sinister Guildmaster Kilip. Clariel can see her freedom slipping away. It seems too that the city itself is descending into chaos, as the ancient rules binding Abhorsen, King and Clayr appear to be disintegrating.

With the discovery of a dangerous Free Magic creature loose in the city, Clariel is given the chance both to prove her worth and make her escape. But events spin rapidly out of control. Clariel finds herself more trapped than ever, until help comes from an unlikely source. But the help comes at a terrible cost. Clariel must question the motivations and secret hearts of everyone around her - and it is herself she must question most of all.


I absolutely adored Garth Nix's Abhorsen series when I read years ago and I have loved it again with every re-read! I am so excited for Clariel!! I think another Abhorsen series re-read is due pretty soon. 

5 comments:

  1. I have not yet read this author...this book sounds magical and tempting. Love the cover on the left. I hope you get to enjoy it soon.

    Here's mine: “FALLING INTO PLACE”


    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series yet but I know there's quite a following. I hope you'll enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read these books! They sound so good!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting book pick!! I'll have to check out the series!

    Here is my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this series before, though I know it's huge and this book is really highly anticipated. I hope you really find it to be as good- better!- than you could hope, from reading the other books that come after this. I didn't actually think it sounded like a book I would particularly like, when I read the synopsis a while back, but I'm rethinking that now!

    ReplyDelete