Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Top Ten Tuesday [33]

Top Ten Underrated Authors (and their books!)


 


I have loved all of Cami's books that I've read and not only is she a great writer but she's a great person too!
My reviews:

Blog This
The Colony
Dead Running
I am a huge fantasy fan and the Staff and the Sword series by Patrick W. Carr is one of my favourite fantasy series.
My reviews:
A Cast of Stones
The Hero's Lot
A Draw of Kings

Okay, so she's not an unpopular author but I really love all Trudi Canavan's books and I can't believe she's not more popular. She creates such an awesome mix of fantasy and romance in her stories I can't believe more people don't read her works!
I've only read her book, Good Oil (Love and Other Perishable Items), but I really enjoyed it and I think it deserves some more attention.

Another fantasy author (surprise, surprise) that I think is quite underrated. I loved her Moorehwake trilogy and I wish more people knew about it!
I thought T. Rae Mitchell's book, Fate's Fables, was really good and I am really surprised by how few people seem to know about it!
My review:
Fate's Fables

I've only read Mark's book, The Recluse Storyteller, but if that's anything to go by his other books are absolutely fantastic. It may not sound like much, but his story really grabbed me and was just beautifully written!
My review:
The Recluse Storyteller
I haven't read all of Isobelle's books but I have read a fair few of them with my favourite being Alyzon Whitestarr (which is a very underrated book in itself!) and I think her books should be more popular than they are!

Eva Ibbotson writes MG and YA and I would recommend both of them but I do have a particular soft spot for her amazing YA books!
I really loved Kelley's Fraction of Stone and I wish it was more popular/widely-known because it's just fantastic!
My review:
Fraction of Stone

3 comments:

  1. One of Ibbotson's book made it to my list this week! Totally agree with you on the fact that her novels need more love :)
    My My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Company of Swans is my go-to book when I get into a reading slump, or just need a bit of a break. I love it!

      Delete
  2. I've only heard of Isobelle Carmody out of this list (and still haven't read anything by her...oops. >_<) so I definitely think they're underrated! Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete