Sunday, 12 October 2014

Stacking the Shelves [48]

Hosted by Tynga's Reviews
Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews about sharing the books you've added to your shelves in the past week, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in a physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks. Click on the book titles to take you to their goodreads page.


BOUGHT:

The Queen Of Zombie Hearts

The Queen of Zombie Hearts (White Rabbit Chronicles #3) by Gena Showalter (paperback)

This was only $12, and even though I haven't read book 2 yet (which they didn't have in stock in store) I couldn't resist!

The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1)

The Winner's Curse (The Winner Trilogy #1) by Marie Rutkoski (paperback)

Because it's my birthday this month, Bookworld.com.au sent me a 5% off book voucher so I went on a little book-buying spree.. this is just the first book to arrive so far!



FOR REVIEW:

Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)

Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by Robin LaFevers (NetGalley e-copy)

I grabbed a copy of this from NetGalley and I am really excited because I've been wanting to read it for a while!

The Collectors' Society

The Collectors' Society by Heather Lyons (e-ARC)

I requested a copy of this for review because it sounds like a super-cool Alice in Wonderland retelling, and after reading Splintered a few weeks ago I need another Alice fix!


Lines in the Sand (Crossing the Line Prequel)   Two Blue Lines

Lines in the Sand (Crossing the Line #0.5) by S.C. Montgomery (e-ARC)
Two Blue Lines (Crossing the Line #1) by S.C. Montgomery (e-ARC)

I received copies of these from the author through Rachel Harris' Flirt Squad, and they sound really good.


Daughters of the Storm by Kim Wilkins (paperback ARC)

I received a copy of this from the publisher, Harlequin. It's a historical fiction/fantasy and it sounds really, really good!


That's my haul for the week!

What books have you picked up this week?

7 comments:

  1. I love the covers of the White Rabbit Chronicles books! I have the first one to read soon. Grave Mercy was good - hope you like it (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! The Winner's Curse is amazing! I'm still waiting til I can find it cheaper before I buy it. Good reading!
    Here's my StS: http://betweenyabookends.blogspot.com/2014/10/stacking-shelves-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grave Mercy is in my top 10 favorite books of all time - the whole series is one of my all-time faves. I just read Mortal Heart about a week ago, and I have to tell you, His Fair Assassin is definitely a series worth investing in. It has a bit of everything and just just ahhh I love it so much! Happy birthday and I hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so lucky to have these books!! ")

    I've spent a fortune this month (to date) and probably will spend more - but HEY IT"S WORTH IT FOR BOOKS!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two Blue Lines and The Collectors' Society both sound really good. I hope you enjoy them! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul this week. The Winner's Curse is so good!!! I am dying to get my hands on the sequel, but it's not out till next March :'( CRY! I hope you enjoy your reads this week :) Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Queen of Zombie Hearts sounds like a lot of fun! Also I really liked The Winner's Curse!

    Please check out my haul (and leave a comment?), here!
    - Nova @ Out of Time

    ReplyDelete