Friday, 9 January 2015

Big & Little News!

Hey everyone!

Sorry I've been away for so long, life kind of took over and it has only now spat me back out. So what is new with me? Well..

  • I finished my Certificate IV in Travel & Tourism course about mid-Dec, except for one assignment that I have to hand in when school re-opens in Feb because our teacher gave a really bad explanataion as to when the due date was - half the class didn't hand it up in time because of this so we have to 're-submit' it in Feb.. I'm still happy I've finally got this course (almost) done!
  • I got a job as an Xmas casual at the Australian Geographic Shop in October which has been awesome! The people I work with are absolutely lovely and as well as doing sales & customer service, my job is also about playing with the toys, err.. "products" so I can sell and better demonstrate them to customers - how awesome is that?! My contract with the AG Shop is sadly almost finished though (Feb1st) but...
  • I received an email yesterday from one of the head managers at AG offering me a job as just a plain old casual - no end date! I love working at the AG Shop and I love the people I work with so I am really, really excited about this offer. There are however other things to consider, such as...
  • My partner (Jared) and I are in the process of getting financial approval to buy a block of land! It about half an acre, in a really pretty area and there is a creek running through the bottom of the block. It looks like it should all go through okay which is really exciting and we're looking at building a house on it in another 12+ months! This of course means we're going to be paying off a loan and so I can't really survive on just one casual job, but I'm hoping I'll be able to get another part-time job at the same time so I can help pay off this loan more quickly!!

There's also another VERY EXCITING piece of news which is very recent, having only taken place a few days ago...


JARED & I GOT ENGAGED!!


I am really happy and excited about this and everything else that has been going on. So much has changed since this time last year and it is ridiculously exciting and wonderful.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a whole lot of time to focus on the blog (or reading) since then, but I have made my one and only New Year's Resolution to make sure I bring Pieces of Whimsy back into a main focus for me and spend more time reading and reviewing amazing books!!

Thank you also so much for sticking out this mini-hiatus with me and I look forward to seeing and engaging with you all more in the future.

Much love,

Myra xx

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your engagement! It seems like so many exciting things are happening :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! You have so many good things coming your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you had a lot of things going on in your life and congrats on your engagement and possible house! And at least you already have a part time job, that's somethign, you can always search for another or new job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am definitely going to keep working at AG, and have even been told of a possible future promotion so I'm really excited! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, that is a lot of different news! Congratulations on the engagement :D

    ReplyDelete