Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Top Ten Tuesday [45]

Top Ten Books I'd Love to See as Movies/TV Shows!

 

So as I was trying to write this list I realised most of the books I'd like to see as movies, are in fact already movies (though some are so awful, I have tried to forget their existence). So I'm going to do a split this week with book-to-movie adaptations I'd like to see re-made, and books I'd like to see made into movies!


TOP 5 BOOK-TO-MOVIE ADAPTATIONS I'D LIKE TO SEE RE-MADE!

Northern Lights (His Dark Materials, #1)  

1. Northern Lights by Philip Pullman (The Golden Compass 2007)

This is my favourite book series and I don't even want to acknowledge the fact that there is a movie. The movie wasn't awful, but it wasn't even close to having the same impact and feeling as the book. I would love to see a great adaptation of this series!


The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)   

2. Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan (The Lightning Thief 2010)

This series kicks butt, the movie sadly do not. A good remake of the series with the characters at the right ages (so Heroes of Olympus can be adapted too!) would be fantastic and much appreciated!

Inkheart (Inkworld, #1)   

3. The Inkworld Series by Cornelia Funke (Inkheart 2008)

The movie was acceptable (it didn't sink to 'The Golden Compass' levels) but it could've been so much better, and I'd love to see the rest of the series made into movies too! I mean, who doesn't wish they could read themselves into a book?!

Stormbreaker (Alex Rider, #1)   

4. Alex Rider Series by Anthony Horowitz (Stormbreaker 2006)

I really like this book series, it was a huge part of my childhood and the books would make awesome spy movies. The first movie was okay, but it could've been much better and I'd love to see more movies!

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)   

5. The Lorien Legacies by Pittacus Lore (I Am Number Four 2011)

I didn't think too much of this series when I read the first couple of books but after reading the latest installments I am quite hooked, and I think it'd make a great movie or tv show (I'm not counting the first movie)!




TOP 5 BOOKS I'D LIKE TO SEE ON THE BIG SCREEN!


The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)

6. The Heroes of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan

After fixing up the Percy Jackson movies (see previous list) I would like to see Heroes of Olympus made into a movie or tv show! I just love both these series so much!


Sabriel (Abhorsen, #1)

7. The Old Kingdom Series by Garth Nix

This series is really cool and I think fantasy translates quite well into films (plus it's my favourite genre!).


Pawn of Prophecy (The Belgariad, #1)

8. 
The Belgariad Series by David Eddings

Again, I'd like to see another fantasy series become a movie and this is one of my favourite fantasy authors and series. It would be an epic movie!

All Our Yesterdays

9. All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill

I'm not sure about you, but I think this would make a fantastic movie! It would be an epic sci-fi thriller and I would love to see it! (Plus I wouldn't mind if the movie had a bit of extra 'after' scenes!!)

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)

10. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

I read this recently and loved it! I would love to see the fey world brought to the big screen - it would be great!

4 comments:

  1. I have The Heroes of Olympus on my list too!! WOULDN'T IT BE SO INCREDIBLE?!! I vote for a TV series so they can really develop all the characters, ahhh!! The original PJ movies were pretty awful, although I kind of like the sequel. heeh. And I think ACOTAR would be fantastic! Especially visually with all the scenery and towns and dark forests. *shivers* I WANT.
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul Bettany in Inkheart was everything, though :) They should keep that part! :D
    And I agree with the Golden Compass and the Percy Jackson remakes. They could do so much better!
    Nice take on the theme!

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm glad to see All Our Yesterdays getting some love!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 100% yes to a Percy Jackson remake. Only if that was done well would I be comfortable with filmmakers going anywhere near Heroes of Olympus. I really want to read ACOTAR, it's on my to read list for this summer so I'm hoping to get to it soon.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-7/

    ReplyDelete